• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Yo!

Started by clydejaw, August 22, 2012, 10:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clydejaw

Hey guys,

Just would like to drop in and say hi!

Have owned my pug306 for almost a year now and has grown a love/hate relationship.

Things I love about it is it drives well, turns well, grips well, comfortable, compact, and stylish-as-fuck.

But I hate it when I take it for a WOF! bloody pug enjoys giving me a hard time with the bills!

anyway, just wanted to say hi! If there are any pug enthusiasts out there that can show me where I can get some sick parts (in auckland) to make my car look nice would be appreciated.

2052NV

Hey mate, welcome along. What version 306 do you have? And what do you want to do to it?

Pee Dubbaya

Dude, you've come to the right place. Welcome!
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

clydejaw

Hey dudes!

I have a 1999 306, but I can't seem to determine the model. It has a style badge on the side of the door, which I took out. I'm guessing it is closer to an XT?

Not really into making it drive any faster! but making it look slightly better.

The rear bumper has a crack on it so I wouldn't mind replacing that :D The front bumper also has some slight marks on it, but wouldn't mind ricing that up too.

Are there any places to purchase some aftermarket bodies for the pug306's?

2052NV

Pretty much no one does body kits in nz for pugs, best thing to do if your not worried about going fast is with your car keep it simple if you want to make it look cooler the best things to do are colour code all trims and wing mirrors and de badge front grill and get rid of all badges on the rest car. Then lower on some nice wide wheels.

Yes your car will be an xt I believe

Car styling these days is very "keep it simple and clean/ OEM+" which I can't agree with more!

And for the bumpers ask your pannel beater about the cracks as they can do some pretty amazing plastic welding these days and it will be a heck of alot cheaper and look just as good as new

Lord Page

^what he said

There is bugger all styling parts in NZ for pugs.  You do get a few bits and pieces for the 206, like the brand new 206 WRC bumpers in my garage...
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

clydejaw

Yeah I don't really mind stock as much :-)

Thought since there's an excuse to replace them then why not right haha! but yeah, will definitely try and get that crack wielded.

If you guys know any great garages too - feel free to throw them at me.

MYRUSH

If you have a lot of cash to burn or some very skilled panelbeater friends, you can get a body kit that you like which will have a close fit and they can mold and bog it up for you to make it look nice OR you can order body kits from the UK. Both options will burn up your wallet.

Whatever you do, do not go hellaflush!
Present:
Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Rallye S1
BMW M5 E60 V10
Pug 306 Cabrio 2.0

Past:
Pug 406 Sedan
2x Pug 406 V6 Sedan
Pug 406 V6 Coupe
Pug 205 GTi 1.9
4x Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Diesel

beatrixquiddo

What up Clydejaw!

This the place I was talking about today: http://www.finda.co.nz/business/listing/4nn55j/greg-kent-automotive-ltd/

Although the lads on this website are can be pretty helpful if you are into DIY, plus the for sale forum is worth keeping an eye for parts!

If its a 1999 the Euro Parts place in drury might be sweet/expensive.

clydejaw

Euro parts is pretty good. Fredco was going to charge me 1g for a power steering ram! Euro parts had one for 99$. Will check out greg kent though.

Cheers!