• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi all!

Started by sladeakl, September 09, 2012, 03:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sladeakl

Hi,

Bought my 205 GTi off my brother a couple of months ago - think it was originally purchased from another member of this group and had some work done on it.

Looking to use this forum for advice on mechanics/repairs/general maintenance of the old girl, as the automotive field is admittedly one of my weaker areas, and she's already given me a couple of problems, in particular the gear linkages.

Look forward to getting to know you all!
'86 Peugeot 205 GTi

Bennny

Don Simon

91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

McSweatydoug01

welcome. it was mine i bought it and rebuilt it in queenstown. is an awesome car.  did a couple of gymkhana's in it. hope it goes as well for you as it did for me
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti

Reviled

Found ya bro, good to see you on here ;)

Reviled

I'll give a bit of an update on this beast...

most of the Targa stickers have been removed as to not attract attention with a younger driver and no doubt often a full car lol

this bitch gave him a bit of grief with linkages popping off when he first got it but that seems to be sorted now - it was a proud moment seeing my brother drive round to my place in my old 205 LOL

Still drives mint, so he's looked after it! still intermittently won't start due to lack of fuel pressure but starts with a push every time - I'm guessing this is the fuel pressure regulator I never replaced? lol My advice to him was come on here n pick your blokes brains about the problem...

on a personal note - Merry Xmas fellow froggers :)