• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello

Started by Zippiekiwi, November 09, 2012, 04:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zippiekiwi

I have a Citroen ZX Volcane GTi, which I have been driving for over three years.  Its great and zappy but at 200,000kms it is starting to require lots of maintenance, coming up to a new cambelt, uses oil and is smoking a tiny bit.  I found your site at a time that I am having to consider saying goodbye to this great wee car.  It's the cost of parts and repairs that is getting to me, the replacement front door locks cost me over $300 via France.   I will have to weigh all this up alongside my love of the Citroen's great suspension - perhaps a different Citroen is required!!!

cams16v

BX all the way..........

Mungous

New valve guides and she'll be good for another 100,000km. Great car.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

Bennny

Welcome to ff mate.

Zippiekiwi

Thanks for the welcome, what sort of price is a valve guide, if you hadn't adlready figured  it out I am not male nor do I have any idea about fixing cars - nor do I wish to - that is perhaps the reason this car has cost me way to much - mechnics see me coming and kaching kaching - not even remotely fair but true.  My partner has a series 2 landrover skippy replica - why - I have no idea - they are complete opposites - one has suspension and one has none.  So he has no interest in my Citroen. 

Zippiekiwi

My first car was a 1961 VW Beetle which I had for thirty years ( handed down from Nana and Dad), got my license in it - gave it away to a wreckers in the end - seven years on the Chatham Island ate away at the floorpan, it was 6 volt and always an exiciting challenge - if at night you needed windscreen wipers and lights and indicator and horn!  Now when I see an old VW there may be a part of mine in it - I did keep the hubcaps....
Then a Honda Civic Shuttle 4wd, great cornering - but had a magic asb light that would go on soon after starting, which after a time prevented warranting as no mechanics could work out why.  I used to pray that the mechanics would only have a short road test as then the light wouldn't go on and I would get wnother wof...  I gave this one away to a sole parent without a car - there was three months left on the WoF.
Then one of my biggest mistakes a short wheel based Suzuki Vitara, this has no handling on corners and was one of the bumpiest rides I had ever had.
So after these I moved to the Citroen which has spoiled me, I do love the cornering - I do not drive automatics as enjoy manuals too much - no I am not a hoon even though my father had nicknamed me Sterling Moss - and he taught me to drive.

Bennny

Pretty sure I've seen a landy round upper hutt with the plate skippi,
not your partner by any chance?

Zippiekiwi

Nope, not in Upper Hutt, down south in sunny Dunedin where it makes man sense to have a canvas top!

Bennny

Don't think this had canvas. I don't know what skippi is
the plate just caught my eye. And it was a very tidy Landy.

Mungous

I know a guy in Dunners who can help with the smoking - he's had many a frog (and was a Citroen tech/service manager), and cut his teeth helping me with my Landy! God knows it broke down enough.

He does a few jobs from home to pay his way through uni - PM me for details if you're interested.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS