• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello

Started by 205Frog, November 13, 2012, 12:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

205Frog

Hey everyone,

My names Sean, and I work for Sime Darby Autos (NZ Peugeot importers), which sparked my interest in Peugeots, particularly 208's, 205's and 306's.

Haven't owned any yet, but looking at a 306 XSi or s16. Have come here to learn more about Peugeot and what the best model's to modify as I want it as a weekend rally or track car. Definetly starting with a daily driver though.

So that about sum's me up. Looking forward to reading old and future post's and learning about a great car brand  :)
"Screw the tires, damn the transfer case, pray the diff mounts hold out. Clutch don't fail me now, just one more 5500 rpm launch is all I need... until the next one." Anonymous

McSweatydoug01

welcome Sean. come in take off your shoes and sit down. this site will help with your car needs and more. 205gti's are probably the most sought after cars on here. they are quick and easily made quicker. 306's are also a good choice. if your planning on rallying then the 205 is the best as the 306 doesn't have long enough suspension travel in the rear to take on the rough. but if your going for track use then i would suggest a 306gti6 as they are epic on the corners and with a 6 speed box have excellent acceleration. what part of sime darby do you work for? i use to work at peugeot conti's

cheers

colin     
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti

205Frog

Thanks :) looking forward to looking at the site in depth, when I get a chance.

I've been told about the 306 6 speed recently and will look into that.
I work in the SDA Warehouse. When did you leave CCS?

"Screw the tires, damn the transfer case, pray the diff mounts hold out. Clutch don't fail me now, just one more 5500 rpm launch is all I need... until the next one." Anonymous

McSweatydoug01

i left ccs over a year ago. say hello to kelvin for me. also if you need it worked on come see me at greg kent automotive.

cheers
colin
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti

205Frog

Yup will do. He suggested the 306gti6 and also told me i should come to you guys to buy? Won't be for a while yet, need to sell some cars first, but after that I'll be looking for a pug.

2052NV

hey mate welcome along. theres a few people from conties on here and a few more who did work for them haha. im down the rd in the Porsche workshop and own a 205 gti (which doesn't go lol)

Bennny

Welcome along Sean.
GTi6's are sweet man,
they do have a few fatal flaws though which can be found on
This site as a few of us have encountered them.
so I suggest you Bai one but trawl this site in the pug
tech section first so you have some idea of what to look out for.

205Frog

I hear there belts go at 50000km rather than 80,
and will keep looking for more will be posting in there alot when i manage to get one.

Sean