• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi! '02 Peugeot 206 (4 door)

Started by catinthehat100, February 04, 2013, 06:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catinthehat100

Hi, I have bought a Peugeot 206. It is the 1.4L variant. This is the first Peugeot I've owned and so far so good. When I was at repco a salesman recommended this website.

I'm the first NZ owner, it is a Japanese import. I've had it serviced, replaced the radio and replaced the snow tyres. The motor seems good, it's done just over 50,000Km.

I like tinkering around with cars, so I'm looking forward to reading some of the posts.

I've had a couple of issues so far that I was hoping someone might be familiar with:

• Minor transmission quirks. Occasionally, about every couple of weeks, it will suddenly drop down a gear, sometimes with such suddenly the wheels will momentarily lock up.
  • ABS brakes. The ABS warning light is on about half the time, however the brakes work fine and the anti-locking function is also working. Occasionally when I come to a stop the brake pedal with shudder (as it does when the ABS system is activated), even though I am braking very lightly.

Thanks in advance for your help - I think I will have to take it to a Peugeot service center if I can't figure it out and they are likely to cost a lot!

2052NV

Hey mate, welcome along! Unfortunately both if those faults sound like they are going to be expensive, best place to start will be take it to Peugeot and just ask then to put it in the tester and see what if any faults are stored, that should give you a good idea of what's going on.

you wont get parts for it mate

McSweatydoug01

hello. welcome to fastfrogs. i can pretty much tell you that you have a pressure regulation fault in the transmission caused by a couple of solenoid valves. the abs fault sounds like either a dodgy wheel speed sensor or maybe a dirty something blocking that signal. bring it into us at greg kent automotive we can sort it out for you. 094447703

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti

catinthehat100

Quote from: you wont get parts for it mate on February 04, 2013, 09:00:44 PM
did u buy it from a dealer?

Sort of - it was on Trademe, but the guys sells cars for a living so I think would be classed as a dealer.

catinthehat100

Quote from: McSweatydoug01 on February 04, 2013, 09:10:56 PM
hello. welcome to fastfrogs. i can pretty much tell you that you have a pressure regulation fault in the transmission caused by a couple of solenoid valves. the abs fault sounds like either a dodgy wheel speed sensor or maybe a dirty something blocking that signal. bring it into us at greg kent automotive we can sort it out for you. 094447703

Thanks! I'll give you a ring to book a time in the next couple of days.

2052NV

If it was faulting when you brought it get him to pay!

kevlights

Congratulations on your purchase , Peugeot  hatch mine was a  (205) was my first car back in the day , always had found memories of it,welcome to the wonderful world of "Fast Frogs"

motoring advice ! drinking tips ! driving style critic's, accessory derision and even parts and assembly help ! got to be good for you.  welcome

Your ABS needs a sensor clean, have a look behind the front wheels and you will find a large toothed wheel or cogs on the back of the wheel assembly, there is a small light sensor that reads off it ,looks like a miniature torch .clean it with meths /soft brush

your trans needs a flush and clean/service and sensor check

bunch of good jokers and goats on here with great knowledge; Welcome to FF
note to self ;stop buying old Euro's and save up and buy a decent modern Euro! Xantia ?
  sold Xantia bought  a SD1 series 11 ,bugger !current ride a Smooth1995 900 s Saab.another 2000 Saab  93,1970 Maxi an BX GTI 1991,an CX 1986,also after lusting for local SZM

catinthehat100

Thanks all, great responses! Very helpful, I'll recommend the site to all those with a Peugeot.

sexyBerlingo

Quote from: kevlights on February 10, 2013, 04:36:22 PM

Your ABS needs a sensor clean, have a look behind the front wheels and you will find a large toothed wheel or cogs on the back of the wheel assembly, there is a small light sensor that reads off it ,looks like a miniature torch .clean it with meths /soft brush

wow. I thought they were magnets. they were on ford ones I've messed with