• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi :)

Started by twinkles, May 01, 2013, 03:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinkles

Just discovered this forum, thought i'd join up. I've got an '89 205 four door which i love. Bought it knowing nothing, because it was the only cheap car available locally. Fell in love with it shortly afterwards and although it's off the road at the moment I can't wait to get back to driving it. For now it sits in the carport looking pretty.
I'll try and get a photo up shortly :)

McSweatydoug01

welcome. glad to see your hooked. its an addiction so in a few years you will have more than one. lol
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti

pcrauto

Welcome aboard  :) Why off the road?  :(

twinkles

I'm already thinking about another one lol.
Off the road because f the fuel pump (at least that's what I think it is). Bought one off trademe but when it arrived it was completely stuffed, worse than the one that's on there. So I sent it back for a refund and haven't got any further. Just before christmas I got a daewoo to drive over the holidays, then tidied it up and wof'd it ready for sale but can't seem to get rid of it. Soon as I do i'll be putting the cash into the pug :D

twinkles

Here's a photo hopefully -

twinkles

twinkles

Once she's back on the road and legal, i plan to replace the perished seats, the boot door if I can find a nice one the right colour, the glovebox catch, and take the bonnet off, strip back, paint red and then the original peugeot lion in black on it. And replace the silver grill bit with red at the same time, and straighten the front bumper, it's bolted on wonky on the left, and silver the front lion again, and replace the missing badges on the back, etc etc lol.
And I love my number plate :D

twinkles

And repaint the shark fins on top. And add a tow bar for rear end protection. And take some better photos to show.
I could go on lol. For now I just wash it and polish it frequently because the cat always dirties it :(

Rocco1985

Slifer

Welcome along mate  :)

Might I suggest, instead of doing all that work on a 205 gr, sell it and get a 205 gti instead. They are heaps more fun  8)
1997 106 GTi

twinkles

I need the four doors to squeeze the kids in :(

But my partner's decided to buy a gti since seeing how awesome my car is, so i'll have to have a turn then hehe. Just looking out for the right one now..

MYRUSH

^You should buy my 406, that too is heaps of fun and has 4 doors
Present:
Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Rallye S1
BMW M5 E60 V10
Pug 306 Cabrio 2.0

Past:
Pug 406 Sedan
2x Pug 406 V6 Sedan
Pug 406 V6 Coupe
Pug 205 GTi 1.9
4x Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Diesel

twinkles

205's are so much better looking though  ;)

Pee Dubbaya

Sweet whip! Welcome along  :D
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

2052NV

Your roof rack are lush