• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi

Started by René, November 11, 2013, 11:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

Greetings,

Looking to dip my toes into the world of Renault ownership in the future, and recently discovered this forum.

Keen on doing some research here and contributing where I can.

:)

DRTDVL

What are you looking to get?

RS

Welcome.

Once you go Renaultsport you will struggle with how stoned other cars feel.

René

Quote from: DRTDVL on November 11, 2013, 12:11:45 PM
What are you looking to get?

The Renaultsport Meganes have always tickled my fancy.

DRTDVL

RS has two of them! A 250 and a 225 f1 racecar... He can tell you all about them...

Pee Dubbaya

Welcome to FF, good luck with your search.

In our classifieds section (need 10+ posts to access) there has been discussion about the following listing
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/renault/auction-657806067.htm
Essentially we think it's an absolute steal at the asking price- similar vehicles are listed for 6-7 grand more...
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

RS

Quote from: Pee Dubbaya on November 12, 2013, 09:56:36 AM

In our classifieds section (need 10+ posts to access) there has been discussion about the following listing
Essentially we think it's an absolute steal at the asking price- similar vehicles are listed for 6-7 grand more...

That car is actually realistically what a phase I Megane RS non cup is worth IMHO, they will wholesale for less than that.

Things to look out for.

Play in steering, normally rack ends, these are normally shagged at 80,000km

Engine mounts. As with any powerful east west mounted engine these are a high wear item.

Power windows, the regulators can be temperamental, but they are easy to fix with connector cleaner and some cable ties.

That car in the link supposedly has a FSH so all of the above should have been done.

Also check what tyres it has, these cars need good tyres to perform as the RS gods intended, a lot of people just fit shit tyres and this can take what is a good car and turn it into something bad.

René

I did see that one on TM, but it was the R26 that was on recently that I got excited about. I fear it'll be a long time before another pops up.

RS, thanks for the tips. What was the supplied tyre from new?

RS

I cant remember what was OEM, I have a feeling it would have been the Dunlop Sport Max of the day but that is 10 years ago now, my F1 had Dunlops.

Would recommend a high quality modern Aesemetric to bring out the chassis properly whilst retaining a nice and quite ride.

If you are interested in a Black R26 I may know of someone who has 2009 tucked away that he wants to sell, will be 18-20k though.

René

Quote from: RS on November 12, 2013, 12:39:10 PM

I cant remember what was OEM, I have a feeling it would have been the Dunlop Sport Max of the day but that is 10 years ago now, my F1 had Dunlops.

Would recommend a high quality modern Aesemetric to bring out the chassis properly whilst retaining a nice and quite ride.

If you are interested in a Black R26 I may know of someone who has 2009 tucked away that he wants to sell, will be 18-20k though.

Thanks, but it may have to wait a few years at that price.

As far as suspension goes, is it worth seeking out a model with the cup set up? Was this an option here for the Megane II?

RS

R26 is worth 20k or more IMHO, they are a step above other Megane RS's as they have the LSD gearbox.

The cup was not offered here in pre facelift -2006, they did sell a few facelift cups but expect to pay upwards of 18k for a facelift car if you can find one.

Main difference is the springs and shocks and 18x8.25" inch wheels, the cup also ads the ability to fully disable the stability control.

René

Were the recaro seats also a facelift option?

Reviled

Damn that is a sexy listing, someone buy my CTi so I can get this plz, kthxbuy  :-*

RS

Quote from: René on November 13, 2013, 02:05:39 PM
Were the recaro seats also a facelift option?

Recaro seats were not an option all because Renault NZ used to "group buy" cars with Australia and ADR's would not allow the Recaro's because they lacked airbags like the non Recaro's, can say the OEM seats are nice to sit in though.

René

Thanks very much for the info RS, appreciate it.