• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

hello from nelson

Started by yoeddynz, November 29, 2013, 08:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoeddynz

New around these french waters being more of an English man  or japanese man when it comes to cars. But my brother had a pug gti in blighty and I loved it. Also I have always fancied a r5 turbo.

Anyway..now looking for a car for while hannahs parents are over. Something with more space than my viva and nicer than our bouncy 4wd hiace. Fancy giving france a go.

Alex

Hi cam :)

far4ngn

Welcome along, hope you find something interesting to drive :)
1986 Phase1 Renault 5 GTT Electric Blue CBW359
1990 UK Spec 205 GTI 1.9 Red GDQ361

yoeddynz

:)cheers
Oh..I found this. Looks good on paper. I remember the rave reviews they got from performance car mag years ago. Seems like an ok price? Is it?

far4ngn

You didnt link anything... what is it ?  :o

Pee Dubbaya

Welcome along. You're a OSer I take it?

The GTI-6 is a good fun car & comfortable + modernish. That particular one looks quite good. The price is reasonable & low mileage is a big plus as most of them are getting fairly high now. Offer $2500 perhaps and you should be able to get it for $3000 or maybe even less if you bargain hard. The heater is a bad design & it's a whole dash out job to replace the matrix, hence it's likely to be disconnected (have done this on one of mine).

Cheers
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

far4ngn

I did the same on my 306 as the heater core failed, I also had issues with the window regulator and the darn cloth on the seats comes free over time.

But overall a good looking car.

yoeddynz

Yeah I hail from the os side. Look up vauxhall viva mazda v6 on google and thats me.

Sweet- quite keen on this pug or something similar.  Would still love an r5 turbo but a bit small for task in hand.

RS

Quote from: yoeddynz on November 29, 2013, 08:31:33 AM
New around these french waters being more of an English man  or japanese man when it comes to cars. But my brother had a pug gti in blighty and I loved it. Also I have always fancied a r5 turbo.

Anyway..now looking for a car for while hannahs parents are over. Something with more space than my viva and nicer than our bouncy 4wd hiace. Fancy giving france a go.

Alex

Hi cam :)

Haere mai!

I have a 4X4 Hiace also, can relate to the bounciness.

Enjoy.

yoeddynz

I can only imagine what a 90s 306 would be like ride wise compared to a 87 hiace or 68 viva. Plush.

Renault 5 turbos.. how often do they come up for sale. I missed one that was in dunedin on tm. Wish I bought it now.

PhilMk1

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of R5 GT turbos that I have seen for sale in the last few years, they're pretty thin on the ground.

I used to lurk on OS every now and then, that's an interesting conversion putting the Mazda V6 into the Viva. How well does it go?

far4ngn

Which R5 in Dunedin? How did I miss that one.

BigPete

yoeddynz

Quote from: far4ngn on November 29, 2013, 12:55:35 PM
Which R5 in Dunedin? How did I miss that one.
Was last year..maybe even longer ago. Cam knew of it. Was on tm. I rang the seller and it sounded great. Wish id bought it.