• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Showing off your ride

Started by admin, March 12, 2008, 05:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hip205gti

Yep...very nice, white's my favourite 205 GTi colour.
If there had of been one around without too many issues last August, I would've grabbed it.
I'm a little confused with my colour though, seems Graphite Grey is the most common metallic grey out there by a mile...thought mine was that, though every time i checked a Graphite Grey car out on the 'net (not the best colour matching source I know :)), it seemed darker than mine.
Did a little paint code research a while back and as far as I can find, 'MOTA' which is what's stamped on the panel above passenger headlight on mine is the code for Steel Grey...which was like only 2% of total 205 GTi production, but more weirdly, was only a 'last phase' colour with the green carpets and black interior.
Mine's an '89 (phase 1.5?), ordered early Nov.'89, first registered 3/1/1990...RED carpets and grey interior.
Was told it was a 'special order'??
1989 Peugeot 205 GTi
1971 Peugeot 103 VS

Griffe

Wow that's cool!

The story sounds good anyway!
It's a workup

hip205gti

Quote from: Jeffo on August 19, 2010, 11:30:35 PM
Wow that's cool!

The story sounds good anyway!

Yeah...not sure about all that...might just be my eyes, though 'MOTA' is Steel Grey I think.
95% of seller's story (original owner's son), checks out with original paperwork/WOFs etc....said it was special order from France, and almost caused a marriage break up at the time, husband hated spending money on cars and said she had to organise all servicing/maintenance herself, which she apparently did up until just before I bought it (she was 69 years old by then). Son said it was time (for her) for 4 doors and auto for ferrying grandkids around, etc.
A couple of guys on 205gtidrivers have claimed same paint/year spec as mine...but vast majority say "no"...only later cars with green carpet/black trim.
Need a Graphite Grey 205 to park beside...not too many 'round these parts though!
1989 Peugeot 205 GTi
1971 Peugeot 103 VS

Slifer

I haven't even got a 205 yet, but if I could choose I would have it in either white or gunmetal grey. most red ones I've seen always look faded. I've also seen a black one around, does anyone know if that's one of the standard colours for the 205?

1997 106 GTi

Griffe

Yes it is, quite uncommon in NZ though

Also, on related matters, I saw a light blue 205 GTi today!  (in Sydney)
It's a workup

2052NV

Im so good i can make a car parked next to a sewage lake look good  8)

pugMi

lucky no trux from the quarry came thru  :D

nice shot

Slifer

1997 106 GTi

2052NV

Quote from: pugMi on August 22, 2010, 10:08:27 PM

nice shot

there was actually many truck's whom we played chicken with..... we lost every time  ::)

BigPete

Where's that? Lol @ that Fiat thing. There was a day a week or so ago where I saw like 34674 of them in one day. I had to have a shower when I got home.

Esprit

Tidy looking XSi Slifer.... looks good next to the Phase 2 as well :)
'99 306 GTi6
'01 Exige S1

Carpentry

Quote from: 2052NV on August 22, 2010, 10:53:49 PM
Quote from: pugMi on August 22, 2010, 10:08:27 PM

nice shot

there was actually many truck's whom we played chicken with..... we lost every time  ::)

Hah. Your car would've been cleaner if you kept the mudflaps on ;)
Take it to Bishops

flex0r

1988 Peugeot 205 GTi
1988 Citroën BX19GTi