• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

AXGT mk1 or mk2

Started by digger, March 06, 2014, 12:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digger

Hey,
Looking to grab an AXGT - so mk 1 or 2? I prefer the interiors of the Mk2 - motors are the same - prefer the exterior of the Mk1... which one is best? Advice will be much appreciated!

Mungous

Mk2 interior is about 1 million times better screwed together than a Mk1. By which I mean that the Mk2 interiors are actually screwed together, rather than held in place by kind thoughts and wishful thinking.

Although I actually prefer the carefree way the Mk1s go about their business - they seem very cheap and incredibly lightweight because that's exactly what they are. I always felt the Mk2 was a much better car, but had less character.

That said, there are probably a lot more Mk1s out there (mostly petrol). The Mk2s are mostly diesels from what I've seen (although the occasional Mk2 GTi is about).
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

red16v

i have a rough AXGT-mk2 interior- but with a carbed engine- RARE. bit of rust, but solid, fast car. Also have everything needed to do a 16v conversion out of a pug 106 gti. Would prefer to be rid of both, or will keep for a rainy day.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

mrc_1979

are you trying to make to make a choice between the 2 cars on offer in this auction?  :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/citroen/axgt/auction-702127855.htm

digger

Yes - I'm going down to look at them - and I will be driving one back to Auckland... but which one?!
I'll probably choose solely on condition - I have owned 3 AXs before (not GTs), all Mk2s - I'm buying for fun and possibly a little bit of track - I'm not sure if there were any differences to suspension set up or brakes? - I believe that the Mk 2 had better brakes?

you wont get parts for it mate

Quote from: digger on March 06, 2014, 04:48:08 PM
Yes - I'm going down to look at them - and I will be driving one back to Auckland... but which one?!
I'll probably choose solely on condition - I have owned 3 AXs before (not GTs), all Mk2s - I'm buying for fun and possibly a little bit of track - I'm not sure if there were any differences to suspension set up or brakes? - I believe that the Mk 2 had better brakes?

Just do what I've done. Find a wrecked saxo or 106 xsi and swap brakes and hubs.Oh and engine...... mines pretty farken quick with 1.6 in it.

2052NV

thats a sweet deal! as they both look pretty mint

id take the Mk2 with the Mk1 seats

RS

QuoteI have two Citroens to sell - Unique His and Hers opportunity.

;D

digger

Went for the mk2 in the end. Very happy with it after drive from Wellington to akl. Thanks for all the advice!