• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hey

Started by igagatyou, February 19, 2016, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igagatyou

Hey new here, have a 306 XR. Didn't really know much about pugs when I got my 306 as it was my first car and all I knew about cars was they move  :P
But after a year of owing the 306 I've learned quite a bit about the 306 series. Been trying to source an Xu10j4rs head or engine to maybe swap into my car, heard the xu7 block is really good with the xu10j4rs head. Would love to get hold of a Gti6 to drive once in my life though. Anybody know anyone willing to part with theirs?

Mungous

Welcome along! Lots of knowledge about these cars on this forum.

My advice would be to leave your XR alone and save the cash to buy a GTi-6. They come up for as little as $2,000 from time to time, and you'd probably spend most of that trying to modify your car. In fact, if you sell your car and throw some more cash in you could probably buy a nice 6!
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

RS

Welcome.

Cool first car. The 306 has a timeless design and drives really well.

igagatyou

Quote from: Mungous on February 20, 2016, 02:58:14 PM
Welcome along! Lots of knowledge about these cars on this forum.

My advice would be to leave your XR alone and save the cash to buy a GTi-6. They come up for as little as $2,000 from time to time, and you'd probably spend most of that trying to modify your car. In fact, if you sell your car and throw some more cash in you could probably buy a nice 6!

Thanks for the welcome. I probably should sell the XR but the only reason why I'm clinging on to it is a) because it's my first car ever and I saved up for it so it has sentimental value & b) because the interior and exterior is in wonderful condition, and all the 6's I've looked at have bad paintwork or bad seats etc...

I do want a 6 though, I've heard its a really high revving engine, which sounds like my type of fun  :D