• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello - new to European/French cars

Started by fuel, May 16, 2010, 12:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuel

hey guys, my name is Phil and I've just picked up a '97 Peugeot 406 2.0 sedan as a bit of a 'do-er upper' which prompted me to join here. There's a few familiar faces I see here - V8Pete, KK-Kolonel, CaM and 'Man with beard approves'.

I've pretty much only owned Mitsubishis and a couple other Jap cars up until now (with the exception of a Mondeo estate which I had for all of a week).

My current steeds are a 1991 Galant VR-4 Evolution in more or less 100% stock standard condition and a 1980 Eterna GSR coupe in not so stock condition:

I'll post up pics of my 406 after I've given it a clean, but there's not much to see - just a standard maroon/red 406 on hubcaps.

BigPete

zephyrheaven

Its happened to you too? I blame Petey

::)

CaM

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Goat

pugMi

hello phil/fuel. nice eterna. i had a mitsubishi once. it hated me and the feeling was mutual
welcome

fuel

fuel

fuel

Quote from: pugMi on May 16, 2010, 08:57:54 PM
hello phil/fuel. nice eterna. i had a mitsubishi once. it hated me and the feeling was mutual
welcome

haha cheers, yeah a few people have shared that experience haha.. sometimes I wonder why I keep on with them..

DFF53

Hey mate , hats off for keeping the evo zero stock,  so hard to find a stock clean one like this these days.  Always loved these since my uncle had an ex rally version.  Here is an interesting bit of history as well.  When the citroen bx 4tc was homologated , Mitsubishi bought 2  of them for research in the 80s.  (This was in Classic and Sports car magazine by a Japanese car collector)

Grenouille Rouge

Carpentry

hi Phil

I approve of your new purchase

MWB
Take it to Bishops

Esprit

Love the VR4... so very very rare to see them in good stock, unmolested condition these days... a future appreciating classic for sure! :)
'99 306 GTi6
'01 Exige S1

fuel

Quote from: DFF53 on May 17, 2010, 08:02:59 AM
Hey mate , hats off for keeping the evo zero stock,  so hard to find a stock clean one like this these days.  Always loved these since my uncle had an ex rally version.  Here is an interesting bit of history as well.  When the citroen bx 4tc was homologated , Mitsubishi bought 2  of them for research in the 80s.  (This was in Classic and Sports car magazine by a Japanese car collector)

hey, I think most the credit should go to Kris the previous owner of the car, I'm just continuing on with his efforts. I've spent the last week sanding and painting the factory rims back to a nice silver for instance.

Yep wouldn't surprise me that Mitsi purchased the BX's - that's the Japanese for ya, just copy and make improvements, but somewhere along the way they lose the soul or character the European cars have.

fuel

fuel

Quote from: Esprit on May 17, 2010, 10:28:28 AM
Love the VR4... so very very rare to see them in good stock, unmolested condition these days... a future appreciating classic for sure! :)

that's what I'm hoping! 'tis pretty much stashed away in the garage most of the time - I plan on hanging onto it for a while yet. I figure it's bound to be one of the very few factory VR-4s let alone an Evolution VR-4 in tidy stock standard condition left in the country.