• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Tiggwa

Started by tiggwa, June 12, 2010, 06:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiggwa

All sounds good..Have mainly come on here to see what bits I can find,have finally given up on the 404,450 to 500 hp,8.8 sec's 1/4 mile 150 mph..
Time for a 306 twin cam,want to keep the pug faith and hopefully extract at least 700 hp somewhere along the line.
First off all have to squeeze the eng into the existing chassis and tip it over a little,make up a new inlet manifold to suit the supercharger,a new set off extractors to get rid off that nasty burnt up methanol stuff,convert it all to a remade steel sump [because we angled the motor over] after we manage to fit up the trans etc,will be looking fortward to all your suggestions on how to best modify the XU10... so please hit us with all the possible combo's Items ,parts you can think off.......

BigPete

Crikey! Welcome to the forum. We'd love to see pics/videos of your machines.

2052NV

hey mate. these projects sound EPIC! Pics of 404 PLEASE!

What do you do for a job?

k-trips

Gidday Tiggwa - Not sure if its the same person but I reckon it is - I see you have the national 2L Supercharged dragster record.. Awesome...

EE/D TREVOR WATSON 120ci PEUGEOT RE DRAGSTER 9.223 137.50 221.23 FRAM 21.03.2010

I remember seeing this car a couple years back and thought it was a marvel and bloody original..

Apologies if I have the wrong person..
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

cammmy

I remember seeing that on TV. I think they said it was THE first drag car where the engine was behind the driver? Not sure if they meant in the country or what, They didn't elaborate.

Won a whole heaps of races. Also chain driven?
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

k-trips

a quick Factoid for ya Cammmmmy - In 1971 Swamp Rat XIV was the first successful Rear Engined Dragster after Don Garlits had Swamp Rat XIII clutch explode and cut part of his foot off

Swamp Rat XIII and XIV

Swamp Rat XIII exploding
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]

k-trips

Quote from: tiggwa on June 12, 2010, 06:12:29 PM
All sounds good..Have mainly come on here to see what bits I can find,have finally given up on the 404,450 to 500 hp,8.8 sec's 1/4 mile 150 mph..
Time for a 306 twin cam,want to keep the pug faith and hopefully extract at least 700 hp somewhere along the line.
First off all have to squeeze the eng into the existing chassis and tip it over a little,make up a new inlet manifold to suit the supercharger,a new set off extractors to get rid off that nasty burnt up methanol stuff,convert it all to a remade steel sump [because we angled the motor over] after we manage to fit up the trans etc,will be looking fortward to all your suggestions on how to best modify the XU10... so please hit us with all the possible combo's Items ,parts you can think off.......

This guy here has been building some exotic horsepower out of an XU10 motor - he is aiming for some insane yet driveable horsepower - perhaps somewhere to start from... (add big supercharger on top  ;D )

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59163
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]

Reviled

wowzas, welcome Tiggwa, would def be keen to see some pics of the 404!!

k-trips

Pretty sure you will find its a dragster that has a 404 motor powering it rather than a 404 with a 450 - 500 hp motor in it..

but I have been wrong before...
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]

Will Fill In Later

Quote from: KK-Kolonel on June 14, 2010, 04:52:32 PM
This guy here has been building some exotic horsepower out of an XU10 motor - he is aiming for some insane yet driveable horsepower - perhaps somewhere to start from... (add big supercharger on top  ;D )

http://www.lynxpowerengineering.co.uk/sc.aspx

This guy was getting 600hp on the dyno before he popped his head gasket.

Reviled

Quote from: DRTDVL on June 16, 2010, 02:42:49 PM
Quote from: KK-Kolonel on June 14, 2010, 04:52:32 PM

http://www.lynxpowerengineering.co.uk/sc.aspx

This guy was getting 600hp on the dyno before he popped his head gasket.

Welcome back Heath!

cammmy

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

red16v

^^Yea,nah, really? is someone pulling our collective, ie Cam?!

Welcome back if it is the true DRTDVL.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

cammmy

^ It is (Heath I mean)
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

Goat

Tis the real deal ftw

Welcome back