• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

I'm I doomed to drive a jappa?

Started by steved, April 24, 2011, 05:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steved

Not sure to be honest. He told us he had to go back to Europe in a month and kept telling us to speak to his son about any details. Way ad was worded was diffently not written by him after speaking to him, english not that good. We had to wait 10 mins for him to turn up after txting him when we arrived at given address and he wasn't there. He stalled the car turning around in the drive when he arrived which made me wonder how familar he was with the car. This said not sure if just plain dodgy or it could have just been his age and language barrier but as I said earlier it just didn't feel right. But not so confident myself buying new cars as no expert so prob a case of being over cautious on my behalf also, but better being anal than buying a lemon I guess. But it is pretty cool what you can learn on the web in a week or two.

sexyBerlingo

you wana buy a berina with 49,000kms on the clock?

cam belt has not been done. :D

pugMi

sexyBerlingo

ya what? same as this but a 1995

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Holden/auction-370938574.htm

my grandma has had it since it was like 3 months old and done an average of something like 8km per day

CaM

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

pugMi

Quote from: sexyBerlingo on April 25, 2011, 03:52:29 PM
ya what?

this one?  ;D

Quote from: sexyBerlingo on April 18, 2011, 06:03:09 PM
coming down to get my grandmas barina haha. 1995 with 40,000kms lol. I did a massive jump in it once down a flight of like 4 stairs into that courtyard thing down by the boat house thing by te papa where my auntie got married with the little lake thing. Then i couldnt get out and had to drive up some steps and over a lawn. Was confused by wellingtons one way ness and thought steps were a ramp

BigPete

I wish my grandma had sold me her last few cars instead of trading them in. She buys a new Mitsi Mirage every time a new one comes out and gets like $500 for a ~6-10 year old one. She rolled Barinas when they were Isuzu/Suzuki but didn't trust them anymore when they went German so switched to Mitsi :D

steved

Quote from: sexyBerlingo on April 18, 2011, 06:03:09 PM
coming down to get my grandmas barina haha. 1995 with 40,000kms lol. I did a massive jump in it once down a flight of like 4 stairs into that courtyard thing down by the boat house thing by te papa where my auntie got married with the little lake thing. Then i couldnt get out and had to drive up some steps and over a lawn. Was confused by wellingtons one way ness and thought steps were a ramp

Is it orange with confederate flag on roof??? Think I might pass thanks.

BigPete: Guessing you didn't look at XT today? If you did interested to know your opinion if you did.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Peugeot/306/auction-371578700.htm Like this but owner not had cam done since she owned it, how do I tell as it's import ? Or is it basically bit of a lottery if nothing to prove it?

BigPete

Didn't look at XT.

Cambelts aren't a biggie to do or have done on those. It'd be good insurance to have it done when you buy it.

I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay that for a 1994 XSi. I'd probably try to find something newer if I was wanting to spend $3-4k on a 306.

Don Simon

Quote from: steved on April 25, 2011, 04:30:20 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Peugeot/306/auction-371578700.htm Like this but owner not had cam done since she owned it, how do I tell as it's import ? Or is it basically bit of a lottery if nothing to prove it?

Two things give it away for me straight away - jap spec floor mats and jap no plate holder on the rear.

another tip is to look on the rego slip on the windscreen
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

you wont get parts for it mate

steved

Thanks Don but sorry question was regarding cam alredy knew it was an import.

CaM

regarding cambelt: factor it into your pricing. there's plenty of jokers on here that'll do one as a cashie, or even work for garages that'll no doubt do a fair price to have the work done. it's not as much of a job as people will have you think.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Pee Dubbaya

Are you set on a 5dr? Have a top-spec 98' GTI-6 (3dr) that I may be willing to part with. Average cosmetic condition for a 200k vehicle, but mechanically is ok- engine in good condition + cambelt recently done. May be more than what you want to spend though.
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

steved

Hi Pee Dubbaya. 3 or 5 door as long as its manual. Price & pics? steved [at] woosh.co.nz thanks.