• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Sup- smilie filled post

Started by Raikyn, September 10, 2007, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raikyn

Hello all  :)

Just purchased a 205 Gti today, looks like some of you already know of it ;)

1990 Silver, twin carbs, dodgy tail lights, 17's
Just found out the alternator looks to be dodgy :(
Probably be looking to make it a little more standard eventually, with factory 15's , normal looking ass, and might need to tone down the exhaust a little. Seems to be fairly good otherwise.  ;D

Anyone know a good source for tuning twin carbs?

All in all happy so far with the purchase. Get the alternator/battery sorted and it'll be sweet. I'll wait for the second week for the frustrations to set in  ::)   ;D

Zealot

I just linked you here in reply to your pm earlier... lol. Looks like you were about an hour ahead of me.

Biff Tannen

Quote from: Raikyn on September 10, 2007, 08:39:21 PM
Hello all  :)

. I'll wait for the second week for the frustrations to set in  ::)   ;D

lol welcome
Slogan: "Vous ĂȘtes mon soulmate".
Picture: Biff up to his balls in Pugmi!

Griffe

Are you in Aucklandtown? If so then look up 'Carb Specs' in Carlton Gore Road, Newmarket, you can't go past these guys they are the best around
It's a workup

buzbox

the one thats been on trade me for ages, ha ha.   what did you pay for it?

Raikyn

$3700
Has a stuffed alternator, just waiting to source another. Might need a bit of a tune up as well.
First thing after that will be to replace those tail lights, would be embarrassing to drive with those things on ;)

Don Simon

All I can say is Dont use carb specialties

nice car, please de-gay it though for the sake of all that is fast
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

Zealot

[He's in hastings... or was it napier...]

Raikyn

Hastings, sunny Hawkes Bay. Don't have to worry much about a leaky roof ;)

And if it does leak, I've plenty of experience as my 300zx drips on my right leg when it rains. Chinese water torture while driving  :o

Griffe

Maybe there's a leak in the hull?
It's a workup

Raikyn

Jetboats are remarkable quick nimble piece of equipment. I'm glad you've likened my equally quick and nimble 300zx to one. I'm honoured.

Mark Hendry

Quote from: Raikyn on September 12, 2007, 08:43:49 PM
Jetboats are remarkable quick nimble piece of equipment. I'm glad you've likened my equally quick and nimble 300zx to one. I'm honoured.

Jet boats are also complicated and expensive to fix. Sound familiar ;D
1988 205 GTI 1.6
1988 309 GTI Mi16
1975 Lotus Elan +2S 130/5

Raikyn

Mine spends at least 50% of the time away from the mechanic :)

205GTi

Quote from: Raikyn on September 12, 2007, 04:58:59 PM
Hastings, sunny Hawkes Bay. Don't have to worry much about a leaky roof ;)

And if it does leak, I've plenty of experience as my 300zx drips on my right leg when it rains. Chinese water torture while driving  :o

the red 205 gti i had (sold a couple of weeks ago) i was in hastings every day for school. a pitty i didnt have mine at the same time as you. there is a shortage of nice 205's in the HB
1984 Fiat Abarth 130tc

Griffe

No I was kinda meaning a tugboat! Anywho why are we talking about 300zx's??? This is the 'wrong' website...
It's a workup