• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi!

Started by picklepickle, May 16, 2011, 11:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picklepickle

Hi, new to this.  I'm based in Wellington, and while I don't currently own a French car, I am coveting a Peugeot (I love the look of the 206 GTI, but open to persuasion).

After a bit of searching online, I thought I would register here and see what everyone had to say.

:)

Get a Peugeot

welcome

and
306 gti-6 FTW!!!
Peugeot S16/GTI-6
Peugeot S16/GTI-6                        Peugeot S16/GTI-6                                                Peugeot S16/GTI-6Peugeot S16/GTI-6

Slifer

Welcome mate, many members here are from Wellington  :P Loads of people on here can give you advice/information if needed.

Also, deffo convert to a peugeot but not a 206 (only exception gti180 but they spensy)
A 306 gti-6 is an awesome first peugeot and would recommend getting one over a 206 gti
Take a look at these to see if they interest you - if not, theres still nothing wrong with getting a 206 :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Peugeot/306/auction-373361100.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Peugeot/306/auction-375187090.htm

AND a member on here (kyle) maybe selling his nice black gti6 if you are keen.

1997 106 GTi

Slifer

Quote from: Get a Peugeot on May 16, 2011, 12:10:38 PM
welcome

and
306 gti-6 FTW!!!

lols both recommend the 6 he must be convinced now  :P
1997 106 GTi

CaM

Welcome.

some sheila across the road from me has a 206gti180. it's choice, albeit a bit on the rowdy side.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

picklepickle

Quote from: Slifer on May 16, 2011, 12:12:41 PM
Quote from: Get a Peugeot on May 16, 2011, 12:10:38 PM
welcome

and
306 gti-6 FTW!!!

lols both recommend the 6 he must be convinced now  :P

she...  ;)

cammmy

Welcome along.

There were a few GTi6's on TM (1 or 2 in welly) but they've all disappeared.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Bennny

GTI 6's rock but in my short experience I
have had a few issues (most of which are quite common),
so there are a few critical checks you would have to do before purchase
of one of these.
Otherwise there could be some unexpected expense down the track.

Also, welcome to FF!

jamesthefrogman

Welcome. Sporty little car. Nice taste  :)
1998 Citroen Xsara
(1905cc Turbo Diesel)

picklepickle

Thanks!  Like I said, open to persuasion and common-sense.  I've only been a passenger in a 306 (unsure what model exactly) and not driven one.

Not in a rush though.  Out of interest, is their anything later model worth looking at?

Bennny

What are you looking for?
Size, comfort, sport, speed, handling, all round wow etc?
Personally I don't like any of the newer model euros that much but that's
just me. (Based solely on the styling) they are gud cars but just not my taste cosmetically.

Get a Peugeot

Quote from: picklepickle on May 16, 2011, 04:57:09 PM
Thanks!  Like I said, open to persuasion and common-sense.  I've only been a passenger in a 306 (unsure what model exactly) and not driven one.

Not in a rush though.  Out of interest, is their anything later model worth looking at?

206 are nice they are a later model
Peugeot S16/GTI-6
Peugeot S16/GTI-6                        Peugeot S16/GTI-6                                                Peugeot S16/GTI-6Peugeot S16/GTI-6

picklepickle

I'm looking for a replacement car for my daily commute (70+km a day) and other bits a pieces.  For those in Wellington, I'm driving Blue Mountains road out to Whitemans Valley once a week at the moment and in my current car it's not the nicest drive.

I want something that handles well, goes well enough (anything is better than what I have now) and is nice to drive... I actually want to enjoy driving it!

:)

Bennny

Would be a nice drive in a 6.
Prob'ly not be amazingly economical though,
I'm in Upper Hutt, your more than welcome to grab mine and take it
for hoon so you have a better idea if it is the kinda car your after.

Pee Dubbaya

Hai hai hai welcome welcome

First up, a GTI-6 is an awesome little rocket ship, but not brilliant as a commuter as I found out after buying one for exactly that. Economical if you drive it nicely- but nobody ever does! Putting your foot down is great as you have lots of power, but it kills you on the fuel bill! I've been driving mine approx 70km a day and can vouch for this! Quite a firm ride too. And yes I was selling mine until I moved up to Palmy- now it's about to go into the shed for a strip down & prep for track day use.  ;D
Lower spec 306 could be better for cheap thrills, but won't have anywhere near the same performance

206 GTI is perhaps a better choice for a commuter, and they're everywhere so maintenance will probably be easier. That said most of us on this forum aren't really fans, styling is pretty bland, performance solid but not amazing, and everyone from Jim Learner to ol' Granny Smith has one. Depends if that's what you want, or if you want to be slightly weird like most of us (I'm looking at you goat!)  :D :D :D.

Slightly smaller frenchies could be Peugeot 106, Citroen Saxo, or Renault Clio- fun to drive but may not be most comfortable to commute in.

Do you like small or big?! (Cars that is)
Do you want newer, or is older ok?
What price range?

Answers could help narrow down the choices...

Did I mention welcome?
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0