• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Had a red 309 GTI, now got a red 306 S16

Started by Ric Chalmers, August 06, 2012, 09:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ric Chalmers

Hi all, Just got myself a '95 spec 306 S16, was looking for a GTI-6 and still am if anyone wants to sell for the right price. Gonna use the next 9 posts to tell you all some more so I can get on to the classified's!!

Ric Chalmers

The 309 Gti was a road rally spec car in the UK and I thought I would see if an S16 was any better.

Ric Chalmers

So the S16 needs a few things to get it back to a tidyish spec.

Ric Chalmers

So far I have found a rumbling knocking clunk coming from the front nearside, I only picked it up on Saturday so am yet to investigate further but I think it will be either, wishbone bushes, bottom ball joint, wheel bearing, track/tie rod end or anti roll bar link (which I can see is already rooted).

Ric Chalmers

It is also missing the dipstick, stereo, rear parcel shelf, washer bottle cap, piece of trim just inside the boot that covers the id plates, jack and handle and a sensible exhaust system.

Ric Chalmers

and it has also had a cheap crappy pod filter added which has left the battery assembly floating around, a rubbish go faster gearknob and a towbar!!

Ric Chalmers

Ric Chalmers

Ric Chalmers

and the small piece of side trim on the front left wing has broken one of the clips.

Ric Chalmers

Yay, made it!! 10 posts now lets go shopping...............

Ric Chalmers

That's just a dirty Mitsy not a Fast Frog!!

kiwibrick

Could be keen on towbar if you don't want....
306 S16 6speed

Ric Chalmers

Maybe, I would need to get a new back bumper if I removed the towbar as it would leave a hole where it used to sit!!  and its great for rear chassis rail stiffness, not!!

Gold'n'Girl

Quote from: Ric Chalmers on August 06, 2012, 09:17:50 AM
So far I have found a rumbling knocking clunk coming from the front nearside, I only picked it up on Saturday so am yet to investigate further but I think it will be either, wishbone bushes, bottom ball joint, wheel bearing, track/tie rod end or anti roll bar link (which I can see is already rooted).

Check the top engine mount and cradle. S16s and GTi6s are notorious for it. Do a search on here and you'll find out more. We had to repair mine as soon as I'd bought it.
'99 306 GTi-6 & '94 306 cabri-OH-let